Keep Space for Peace Week
International Week of Protest to
Stop the Militarisation of Space
No Space Force
No Missile Defense
Close U.S./NATO Bases Worldwide
Stop Drones Surveillance & Killing
End Privatization of Foreign/Military Policy
Convert the Military Industrial Complex
Deal with climate change and global poverty
Actions | Resources | Speakers | Entertainers
LOCAL ACTIONS (list in formation)
Space Week Co-Sponsor: Women's International League for Peace & Freedom, U.S. Section
- Andover, Massachusetts (Oct 11) Merrimack Valley People for Peace will dedicate its weekly Thursday
morning vigil at Raytheon (where they build ‘missile defense’ radars) to Keep Space for Peace. 350 Lowell St. (Rte 133) 7AM to 8AM. Friends Meeting Lawrence,
Merrimack Valley People for Peace, Veterans for Peace. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Asheville, North Carolina (Oct 6-13) Ken Jones (VFP) will make the poster image of Trump Vader with the No Space Force message into a sandwich board and walk through downtown Asheville for an hour each day during Keep Space for Peace Week.
Will pass out informational flyers and talk with whomever is moved to engage.
- Augusta, Maine (Oct 5) Weekly Women in Black Peace Vigil - 12:30 to 1:00 PM - Corner of Winthrop and State outside of Lithgow Public Library.
- Bath Iron Works, Maine (Oct 6) Vigil across from administration building on Washington Street (Navy Aegis destroyers outfitted with
?missile defense? systems built at BIW) 11:30-12:30 am - Smilin? Trees Disarmament Farm (207) 763-4062.
- Blue Hill, Maine (TBD) We will invite other groups to join us for a noon-hour vigil on the bridge. email@example.com.
- Bombay, India (Oct 6-13) Dr. Leo Rebello, World Peace Envoy, and Registered World Citizen, has committed full campaign [6 to 13 Oct] in Bombay Schools, Colleges, public meetings, press conference and social media discussion on No Space Force, No Missile Defense,
Close U.S./NATO Bases Worldwide, Stop Drones Surveillance & Killing, End Privatisation of Foreign/Military Policy, Convert the Military Industrial Complex, Deal with climate change and global poverty. Leading to HOLISTIC HEALING & HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT OF HUMANITY.
- Cairns, Australia (Oct 13) World Peace Now Cairns and Wage Peace Cairns will be staging an action at
3pm, Cairns Lagoon, Cairns Esplanade, Queensland. Will also send out a Media Release and Letter to the Editor (Cairns Post), and social media campaign
to highlight the US drive to militarise space with their proposed Space Force, the integral role of the US military base Pine Base in Australia in such a Space
Force, and whether Australia wants to be a part of that, and the need to adopt the proposed PAROS Treaty or similar.
- Chatrapur, Orissa, India (Oct 12) Space issues awareness public meeting to be held with J. Narayana Rao from the Global Network as speaker. Mr. Maheshwar Rout is the organiser.
- Creech Air Force Base, Indian Springs, Nevada (Sept 30-Oct 6) 4th Annual ?Shut Down Creech? drone resistance mass mobilization. Special Guests coming to Creech:
Ray McGovern and Ann Wright. Contact: Toby Blomé: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Eleanor Levine: email@example.com.
- USAF Croughton, England (Oct 6) No Space Force march & rally at main gate of U.S. satellite communication and joint intelligence base.
Space communications, drones, bomber guidance, missile defence and command & control functions. 12-4 pm.
Oxfordshire Peace Campaign, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- El Segundo, California (Oct 7) We will have a public screening of these GN online videos:
(1) Say NO to Space Force and (2) 8-10 minutes each of Star Wars Part 1 and 2.
Our main audience will be from Holy Faith congregation and our Justice & Mercy Commission.
We will open it to the public, in particular to the peace community. email@example.com.
- Eugene, Oregon (Oct 7) Eugene Peaceworks and KEPW-FM will show the film "Just Say No To Space Force" to
our annual fundraiser at Tsunami Books. The film will be shown at 4:30 pm with information and flyers being handed out to inform people of the danger of the
Space Force and of its long history. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fort Meade, Maryland (Oct 14) Members of the Baltimore Nonviolence Center and Baltimore Peace Action
will participate in Keep Space for Peace Week by going to the National Security Agency, from 11 AM to noon. Our main message will be to condemn
the idea of creating a Space Force. These are very dangerous times.
We will carpool, and if interested in joining us contact Max at 410-323-1607 or mobuszewski2001@Comcast.net.
- RAF Fylingdales, England (Oct 6) Walk around the US and NATO missile 'defence' radar on the North Yorkshire moors.
See www.yorkshirecnd.org.uk and check with email@example.com or phone 01274730795 for details.
- Karanja, Wardha, India (Oct 9) Space and nuclear issues awareness lectures and interaction at Narayanrao Kale Smruti Model College.
Dr. Sanjay P. Dhanwte to co-ordinate. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- King of Prussia, Pennsylvania (Oct 13) Noon, Outcry Against Trump's Space Force & Protest of the Militarization of Space at Lockheed Martin,
230 Mall Boulevard (Mall & Goddard Boulevards), directly behind the King of Prussia Mall. Large banners, enlarged posters of 'Trump Vader',
the earth flag, and ceremony of 'Looking-UP' with songs and readings. Lockheed Martin is the U.S. #1 space warfare contractor,
and the world's largest war profiteer. More at www.brandywinepeace.com or call 484-574-1148.
- Lalitpur- Kathmandu, Nepal (Oct 8 & 10) Space and Nuclear Issues Awareness lectures and interactions at TU Colleges. Mr. Prabhu Yadav to co-ordinate
- Largo, Florida (Oct 10) Peace First will be at the Raytheon plant at 7887 Bryan Dairy Rd, as part of the
Global Network’s Keep Space for Peace Week. Raytheon is the second largest weapons manufacturer in the world and is making huge profits from the war in
- Menwith Hill, England (Oct 9) Weekly demonstration at the gates of U.S. NSA/NRO spy base, near Harrogate in North Yorkshire.
Theme on Keep Space for Peace and saying NO to Space Force. 6:00 to 7.30 pm. All welcome. Martin Schweiger at email@example.com.
- Mercury & Indian Springs, NV (Oct 8) Indigenous Peoples Day--formerly "Columbus Day". Demonstrations at Nevada National Security Site (formerly Nevada Test Site) and Creech AFB. 8am-2pm. An interfaith witness for peace and justice. Nevada Desert Experience.
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Oct 12) 6:30 PM, Informational Vigil to stop the militarization of space, at the Manfred Olsen Planetarium at UW-Milwaukee,1900 E Kenwood Blvd.
Sponsored by Peace Action WI. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Oct 13) Noon-1 PM, Special Stand for Peace at the (astronaut) James Lovell Museum of Science, 815 N Lovell St, corner of 7th ST & Wells.
Sponsored by Peace Action WI. email@example.com.
- Montclair, New Jersey (Oct 7) Keep Space for Peace vigil from 3:00-4:00 pm at corner of Church & S. Fullerton. NJ Peace Action and Northern NJ SPUSA.
- Montrose, California (Oct 12) “Keep Space for Peace” will be our focus as the Montrose Peace Vigil observes the International Week of
Protest to Stop the Militarisation of Space, 5:30 to 7:00 pm, at the corner of Honolulu and Oceanview Avenues in the Montrose Shopping Park, 91020. We say NO
to a Space Force and the militarization of the U.S. economy, and YES to action on climate change and on ending global poverty.
- Mumbai, India (Oct 6-13) Dr. Leo Rebello, World Peace Envoy, and Registered World Citizen, has committed full campaign [6 to 13 Oct] in Bombay Schools, Colleges, public meetings, press conference,
and social media discussion on No Space Force, No Missile Defense, Close U.S./NATO Bases Worldwide, Stop Drones Surveillance & Killing, End Privatization of Foreign/Military Policy, Convert the Military Industrial Complex,
Deal with climate change and global poverty Leading to HOLISTIC HEALING & HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT OF HUMANITY. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nagpur, India (Oct 8) Peace in space awareness talk at the Railway Pensioners Office in Nagpur. Mrs. Daizy to coordinate.
- Nagpur, India (Oct 13) Demonstration against Trump's decision to create space force. Mr. Subash Dapurkar to co-ordinate.
- Nainital, Uttarakhand, India (Oct 6) Space and nuclear issues awareness lectures and interaction at PNG Government Post
Graduate College. Prof. Anumita Agarwal to co-ordinate. email@example.com.
- Naval Radio Transmitter Facility (NRTF) Niscemi, Sicily (TBD) The M.U.O.S. (Mobile User Objective System) is a U.S. Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station.
A constellation of five satellites covers the whole world, whereas ground communication is made possible by four stations, one of which is located in Niscemi.
Sicilians are worried about consequences of the installation on: human health, the ecosystem, the quality of agricultural production, right to mobility and
to the development of territory, right to peace and security of our homeland and of its inhabitants.
Protest event to be organized by No MUOS. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New York City, New York (Oct 7) On October 7, 2001, the U.S. launched a military strike against Afghanistan.
Now 17 years later, tens of thousands are dead, millions displaced, and more than $2,400 billion spent, the longest war in U.S. history shows no sign of
ending. Assemble at noon on Public Library steps on Fifth Avenue for a vigil followed by a solemn march to the Times Square military recruiting station for
a demonstration against endless wars. Sponsors include: NYC War Resisters League, Catholic Worker/New York City, Peace Action New York State, Granny
Peace Brigade, NY Metro Raging Grannies, Brooklyn For Peace, World Can't Wait, Uptown Progressive Action, Kairos Community, Pax Christi Metro New York, Code
Pink/NYC. For more info: nycWRL@nycwarresisters.org or call 718-768-7306.
- Olympia, Washington (Oct 5) Raging Grannies will perform for Artswalk at the Rachel Corrie mural downtown and perform one song about peace in space along with songs about other issues.
I will have my star wars weaponry with me and fire at will. Holly Gwinn Graham email@example.com.
- Palermo, Sicily (Oct 13) Flash mob at the US consulate that is located in via Vaccarini 1 from 3-6 pm firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Oct 6) Center City Drone Death Walk/Vigil from 11:30 am to 12:45. Meet-up at 12th & Arch St. Please wear Black, we will bring plain white masks, banners,
and signs. Call Marge Van Cleef at 203-804-3013 if you have questions. The drone death walks recur the first Saturday of the month.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Oct 12) Philly Anti-War ‘Reach Out’ at the center city SEPTA subway entrance, 15th &
Market Sts., across from Phila. City Hall west side, with mass leafleting, banners, and posters to stop Trump's new Space Force and the ongoing
militarization of space so that there can be justice for people on earth and peace. 4:00 – 5:00 pm. More at
- Sacramento, California (Oct 9) No Space Force! No Wars in Space! Vigil for International Keep Space for Peace
Week. 16th & J, Sacramento. 4:30 – 6pm FMI: 916-448-7157.
- Santa Rosa Junior College, California (Oct 10) Public educational event on history, science, and politics of space by physics faculty
Lynda Williams entitled ?Space Force: A Force for Good or Evil?? 5:00 pm Room 1786, Shuhaw Building email@example.com.
- Springfield, Pennsylvania (Oct 11) See the acclaimed documentary Pax Americana & the Weaponization of Space by
Peace Center of Delaware County at Friends Meetinghouse (1001 Old Sproul Rd) at 7:00 pm. More info: 484-574-1148.
- Sunnyvale, California (Oct 12) Stop the Militarization of Space. As the world's largest arms seller, Lockheed Martin profits from war making, misery, death and destruction.
Vigil from noon to 1:00 pm at N. Mathilda Ave. and W. Java Drive. Short talks by John LaForge (Nukewatch) and Marion Küpker (German anti-nuclear activist).
Sponsored by the Pacific Life Community, local Catholic Workers, Vets for Peace and Code Pink.
For info call Susan at 650-649-8690.
- Tucson, Arizona (Oct 9) Peace vigil at Davis-Monthan AFB at 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. Air National Guard troops at Davis-Monthan AFB are remotely piloting UAV's (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles)
that are firing guided bombs and missiles and killing more civilians than targeted "terrorists" in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan and possibly more sovereign nations.
A-10 warplanes that train out of Davis-Monthan AFB are responsible for the vast majority of radioactive ammunition - estimated at well over 400 tons - used in Iraq since 1991.
Park at recreation field parking lot at N-W corner of Craycroft & Golf Links with access from Craycroft. Signs provided, or bring your own! More info: 323-8697.
- Vandenberg AFB, California (Oct 3) Keep Space for Peace vigil at space warfare base at the Main Gate from 3:45 pm to 4:45 pm. For information contact Dennis Apel at 805-343-6322.
- Visakhpatnam, India (Oct 6) Rally with 200 youths. Followed by a history of the Global Network and its objectives explained. The need for
peace for future generations. Will continue up to 13th Oct.
- Washington DC (Oct 9) The Pentagon: Tuesday at 7-8 AM. Will Hold Keep Space for Peace and No Weapons in Space signs at weekly Dorothy Day Catholic Worker Peace Vigil.
- Washington DC (Oct 12) The White House: Friday at 12 Noon –1:00 PM. Will Hold Keep Space for Peace and No Weapons in Space signs at weekly Dorothy Day Catholic Worker Peace Vigil.
- Space videos for viewing and sharing available at: www.space4peace.org/videos.htm.
- Space Week information sheet - prepare for your discussions with: www.space4peace.org/actions/GNSpaceWeek.pdf.
- Sample Letter to Editor:
We must stop Trump's 'Space Force' proposal which is provocative and highly expensive.
How about instead we fund National Health Service for all, ensure Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are fully funded and begin to deal with our real problem - climate change?
We don't need an arms race in space.
Please contact these people directly to negotiate speaking dates, travel expenses, etc. during the week of local actions. They all have considerable expertise
on the space issue.
- Robert Anderson (Political Science professor, Central New Mexico Community College, Albuquerque, N.M., co-founder of Stop the War Machine)
www.stopthewarmachine.org (505) 858-0882
- Frida Berrigan (Arms and Security Initiative, New America Foundation, New York City) (212) 431-5808 ext. 200
- Jackie Cabasso (Western States Legal Foundation, Oakland, CA)
firstname.lastname@example.org (510) 839-5877
- Helen Caldicott (President, Nuclear Policy Research Institute) (202) 822-9800
- Frank Cordaro (Phil Berrigan Catholic Worker House, Des
Moines, Iowa) (515) 282-4781 www.DesMoinesCatholicWorker.org
- Bruce Gagnon (Global Network, Brunswick, ME) (207) 443-9502
- Joseph Gerson (Director of Programs for AFSC New England. Author of "Empire and the Bomb: How the US Uses Nuclear Weapons to Dominate the World.", Cambridge, MA) (617) 661-6130
- Regina Hagen (INESAP, Darmstadt, Germany)
- Dominique Lalanne (Abolition 2000, Paris, France)
- Andy Lichterman (Western States Legal Foundation, Oakland, CA) (510) 839-5877
email@example.com. His blog can be read at
- Dr. Hannah Middleton (Australian Anti-Bases Campaign Coalition, Sydney)
- Agneta Norberg (Swedish Peace Council) +46 8 6856362
- Geov Parrish (Author, activist, Seattle, WA) 206-547-4619
- Lindis Percy (Campaign for the Accountability of American Bases, Harrogate, England)
- J. Narayana Rao, (All India Peace & Solidarity Organization, Nagpur, India)
- Richard Sanders (Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade, Ottawa, Canada) (613) 231-3076
- Alice Slater (Global Network Advisory Committee, New York City) (646) 238-9000
- Bob Smith (Brandywine Peace Community, Swarthmore, PA) (610) 544-1818
- Dagmar Sorboe (WILPF, Norway) +47 22 49 48 84
- Steven Staples (Rideau Institute on International Affairs, Ottawa, Canada)
- Mary Beth Sullivan (Global Network, Brunswick, ME) (207) 443-9502
- Bill Sulzman (Citizens for Peace in Space, Colorado Springs, CO) (719) 389-0644
- Carol Urner (Portland, Oregon,
of the DISARM! Dismantle the War Economy Committee of the Women's International
League for Peace and Freedom-WILPF) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Webb (Convenor of the Global Network and Chair of CND, England)
- Don Whitmore (Seattle, WA)
- Lynda Williams (Santa Rosa, CA Physics educator, science
entertainer, space ecology advocate)
email@example.com (707) 542-2791
- Loring Wirbel (Citizens for Peace in Space, Colorado Springs, CO)
LWirbel@aol.com (719) 481-3698
(These fine singers/songwriters have space songs and other good political music)