ACTIONS TO TAKE TO STOP STAR WARS
Please do any or all of the following actions to assist us in our campaign to
prevent an arms race in space. Join with concerned citizens and
organizations worldwide in this effort to build a movement to stop the
nuclearization and weaponization of space.
- Make copies of our literature and pass them out to your friends and co-workers.
Set up a table at a church or a community event.
- Write a Letter to the Editor and send it to your local newspapers. You
donít have to be an expert to know that putting weapons in space is
dangerous! Be sure to say that over $100 billion has been wasted on Star
- Write your Representative and Senators to express your concern about the
escalation of the arms race into space. Tell them you donít want your tax
dollars used to take the bad seed of war and greed into space. Take a
delegation of citizens to visit them.
- Purchase the book The Wrong Stuff: The Space Programís Nuclear Threat to
Our Planet, by Karl Grossman. This excellent work tells the story about the
plans for weapons and nuclear power in space and introduces the growing
international protest movement against it. Order it from us now for just $13
(includes s/h). (See Global Network Sales).
- Order one of our new bumperstickers for your car. Get either No Weapons in
Space or Keep Space for Peace for only $1 each. Send a self-addressed
stamped envelope. (See Global Network Sales)
- Organize a community educational event and call us to arrange for a speaker
from our Speakers Bureau. Get several cities involved and share the speaker
and the transportation cost.
- Send representatives from your local group to Washington DC on April 14-17,
2000 for the Star Wars Revisted: An International Conference on Preventing
an Arms Race in Space and the space lobby day that will follow the conference.
- Organize a local protest action on October 7, 2000 in solidarity with the
International Day of Protest to Stop the Militarization of Space. Let us
know if you do so we can alert the international media.
- Send a tax deductible donation to the Global Network to help us fund this
important campaign. Your donation will enable us to expand our organizing
- Get on our e-mail list to receive regular updates on the latest space
events and organizing. Send a subscribe message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frequently check our web site!